This information site is courtesy of Small Guide Travel, the specialists in holiday and honeymoon travel to the Pacific.
Getting Married In Vanuatu For Cruise Ship Passengers
Unlike in the movies, the Captain of a ship cannot legally marry couples but arranging a wedding for couples who have Port Vila as a port-of-call on their cruise itinerary is easy.
Unlike couples who are staying in Vanuatu, there is no requirement of being in the country for three days prior to the ceremony but you do have to lodge the necessary documentation with us bout six weeks prior to the ceremony date.
Each year there are more than 50 ships docking in Port Vila and chances are there will be couples on board who choose to marry or renew their vows as part of their Vanuatu experience so it is wise to book ahead. Just let us know the date the ship will dock and time your would prefer – for example, 9:30am works well for those who want the rest of the day exploring; 11:15am is perfect for those wanting to follow the ceremony with a celebration lunch and an afternoon wedding may suit couples who want to celebrate with dinner back on board the ship.
Vanuatu Weddings will have everything prepared prior to your arrival and will meet you at the wharf. From there it is simply an air-conditioned transfer to the wedding location for a short, romantic ceremony. We can also arrange sightseeing to make the most of your day in Port Vila or a celebration lunch.
For cruise ship schedules (dates ships will dock in Vanuatu), go to www.CruiseVanuatu.com.
Here’s a sample Romantic Ship Wedding package:
CRUISE SHIP WEDDING AT LE LAGON RESORT AND SPA – $1,350
- A variety of venues for the ceremony: Wild Ginger Deck, Island Suite Garden and beach front wedding bure
- Authentic Melanesian String Band and warriors to serenade the bridal party throughout the ceremony
- Floral heart on sand, deck or garden
- Traditional seedless shell leis for guests attending the wedding ceremony
- Religious or Non-Religious celebrant ($60 extra on week-ends)
- Witness if required to officiate the ceremony
- Fruit cocktail after the ceremony for the Bride and Groom
- Marriage certificate and registration
- Wedding coordination and documentation
Email us for more details.